Thursday, March 1, 2012

Storm a-brewin'

The classroom was silent except for the gentle downpour of tapping which crescendo'd into a hail storm of clicks and clacks . Kids to my left diligently typing , a window to my right. Boredom struck me like a bolt of lightning telling me to run to the shelter of Facebook. I saw the march madness post on the Exposure wall, and like a role of thunder, I cracked out a deep and powerful "YES!". I was immediately drenched with unwanted attention as the typing stopped and all gazes flooded my way. 

Design by Lou Rodriguez

March Madness Comp Series hits without warning. The only way to avoid its path of destruction is to climb at other gyms. The devastating impact on the community is second to none forcing  twenties and thirties of climbers out of their comfort zones inducing improvement. This comp will test the limits of how well the members can climb in a disaster situation. The madness lasts Four weeks, while the gym resets problems each week. We climbers need to join together and lend a hand (five dollars) so our gym can recover and rebuild each week. Harnessing the power of this storm and using it to our advantage will better prepare us for problems, indoor or outdoor, climbing or otherwise, that come our way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Rock Vs Role Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger